Thursday, July 24, 2003

The Mother Superior is constantly vigilant
In making sure all of her nuns are all digilant
She doesn't put up with making up words
Her convent is full of grammatical nerds
So imagine the irony when she nailed up a sign
That stated her new Nunnery Rule Number Nine:
"From this point hereforeward I will severiously punish
Any of you nuns who are caught acting unnunnish!"


Notes: Severious is a word I coined when I was hitch-hiking across Canada and needed a new way to describe the excruciating pain I was often in when hiking with my backpack for untold miles, as in "I am in severious pain." You know, both severe and serious.
Digilant is a word I just made up to rhyme with vigilant. Since diligent just didn't really cut it.
And I don't know who made up the word poo but they deserve a Poollitzer.

No comments: