Thursday, April 15, 2004

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Jason casually mentions to me that he has tickets to the Pixies concert in April. Astonished, I said, "Wait- The Pixies are back together?"
"Yeah."
" Really? The Pixies? Original lineup?"
"Yeah."
"Wow. The Pixies. They're coming here?"
"Yeah."
"And you have tickets?"
"Yeah. Actually, I'm seeing them twice- in Calgary too."
And then I screamed and tore all my hair out because I was unaware of this momentous occasion, and the concert sold out in about five minutes, so I was out of luck. But Jay, proving himself to be some sort of Benevolent and Beautiful Bear Patron, emailed me yesterday and offered me an extra ticket. So I am going to see the Pixies this Sunday night! Yay!!! Hooray for Jay!
Here's a Rolling Stone article on the tour, another one about the live CDs of each show that they will make available immediately afterwards, and the Vue Weekly cover story. Plus a pair of Pixies-related poosts from right here at the Pooing Woods.
Wow. The Pixies.

No comments: