Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Being 30 isn't so bad- it doesn't feel any different really. So I guess I am okay with it. Besides, I found out today that bowhead whales can live to be 200 years old! Wow. I wonder how long bears can live. 30 years for sure, and hopefully a few more than that.
My birthday was spent with some of the people I love most in the world, including two who have their b-days today- Mama Bear and my oldest friend Travis. So happy birthdays to them. Lots of birthdays in September, actually, January being such a cold month in Alberta. So, blessings wished upon the following people as well: blu, Jennika, and blarg and Kim who were married the other day in a lovely ceremony.

Anyways, enough with that. I have to tell you guys about Aradhna! My girlfriend and I went to one of their performances on the weekend, not really knowing what to expect- it was billed as an Indian/Nepali worship experience, so obviously I was intrigued, even though our itinerary no longer includes Nepal or India. Anyways, it was beatiful- sitar and guitar and really cool drums. They're Christian, but with some very interesting Eastern tinges to the lyrics. Anyways, if you ever get the chance, go out and see them. It will be unlike anything else you have ever heard, I think.
On the other end of the musical spectrum, and yet with much the same spiritual bent, I got to see my good friends Seven Devil Fix rehearse a bit last night- the last time I will see them for six months at least. I guess I will miss their opening show for King's X in October but any of you in the area can make it I'm sure. So go and tell me how it was.

Arowanas are a rare fish found (though not very easily) in Malaysia. A man was fined $60,000 for selling them illegally from the basement of West Edmonton Mall or something, which is what brought them to my attention. I doubt I can find any in Malysia but it is something I will keep in mind anyways- as well as vigorously doing my best to avoid the poisonous slugs Crogdor told me about.

Have you figured out yet that you are getting about a week's worth of poosts in one? Ducky sent me this link which is exactly why this blog was created in the first place- to celebrate the awesome power of poo!

And if you are planning on traveling internationally during a time which happens to coincide with the expiry date on your driver's licence, make sure you allow for two weeks to procure a new one. For some reason, it now takes two weeks to process a driver's licence. It used to be an instantaneous process, but now it costs more and takes longer. Good old progress. So for now I have an odd-sized piece of paper that acts as my interim licence. It's already starting to get frayed in my wallet but what can you do? My new licence will get here in two weeks, and then my folks I guess will have to mail it to me in New Zealand. Good thing i'm 30- I probably don't need to worry about getting ID'd in bars over there.

No comments: