Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Melaka
The Malaysian unit of currency is called the ringgit. So whenever gabrielle shows me her One Ring which she is carrying to throw in Mt. Doom once we get to New Zealand, I can counter with my One Ringgit, which can't really turn me invisible or do much of anything, actually, being worth about 30 cents.
Something I told you yesterday was erroneous- the Petronas Towers are not the tallest building in the world! According to this page, which I linked to once before actually, they are in third place. Taipei 101 is the tallest, by their reckoning, which doesn't include spires. And don't forget Barad-dur, though technically no longer still standing. Actually we were just in Taipei for an hour or two en route from LA to KL, but I didn't notice it. You would think it would be hard to miss but we were always losing sight of the Petronas Towers, too.
Now that we are in Melaka the Petronas Towers are no longer of interest. What is of interest is whether the rain will stop long enough for us to head to a beach tomorrow. If not that's fine. Lots of beaches to be had in the next little while.
I will be regularly uploading my pictures to here, so check out our first batch.

No comments: