Friday, March 31, 2006

Now that we live in a brand new house, it's easy to be mistaken for Sophisticated Citizens. So when the kindly old Jayman guy rang the doorbell and heard this coming from my stereo: "Went down to the cemetery, looking for love; got there and my baby was buried, had to dig her up", he looked at me a little funny. He was there to do some work in our basement. Before he went down there he asked me, "There aren't any animals or . . . anything down there, are there?"
Anyways, today is Headstones Revival Day, and a timely reminder that this weekend is the Junos, hosted by Pamela Anderson. The Headstones of course are not nominated for any Junos since they broke up a while ago, but they are still one of my favourite Canadian bands. I love their aggressive, darkly humorous punkish rock. They were nominated for three Junos in their time, but won none. I also have won no Junos, so don't feel too bad. Here are the
Top Five Six Headstones Tunes, Each of Which Deserves A Juno From Pam Anderson:
1. Unsound
2. Cemetery
3. Smile and Wave
4. Pretty Little Death Song
5. Tweeter and the Monkey Man
6. Son of a Bitch to the Core

Sadly I can't find my Smile and Wave CD. I think the Jayman guy stole it.

No comments: