Sunday, December 23, 2007

It was almost disappointing when my foreman let us go home early this morning. Don't get me wrong- I gladly jump at any opportunity to escape the pit. It's just that I was so ready to scheme and plot and destroy to get out early. I wore an old pair of shoes to work that I could leave in my locker for the next few weeks if necessary. I wore my old pair of steel toes so if I had to bring them home it wouldn't matter. I even brought my pants with me to the shovel. But then Steve just let us all go at 3:00. He even gave me and Jason a work truck to use to get to the parking lot on the other end. No rhyming and stealing involved! Not like last year's epic Christmas escape in which we hid our hardhats in a supposedly-derelict kaltire truck which we then got accused of siphoning gas from.
Oh well, there's always next year.

No comments: