Wednesday, December 26, 2007

So I almost got a Wii for Christmas- I told my buddies at work who already own one that they had been recalled. They were very dismayed to learn this, especially only two days from Christmas. I told them I would gladly take their Wiis into Edmonton for them to sort out the problem, and that's when they told me to go play with my wiiner.
But that's alright since I got some great stuff anyways. Like Chris Jericho's new book- A Lion's Tale- Around the World in Spandex. "But Homie Bear," you say, "in five years of blogging you have never once mentioned any sort of interest in professional wrestling!" It's true, but a few weeks ago Michellle and I were listening to CBC's Q and Jian Ghomeshi was interviewing Jericho. If you listen to Q you know it is a fairly highbrow pop culture show- he's always featuring ballet dancers and French film directors and transgendered indie rockstars, so we were surprised he would have a rassler on. But Chris was very engaging, funny and personable and we agreed it was one of the best Q spots we'd heard. He was promoting his book so Michelle got it for me. I love it- it's hilarious. He's really self-deprecating and shows himself to be just a regular Canadian kid who got to do what he loved for a living.
Also, I got a beautiful Emmylou Harris boxset- nearly five hours of her angelic singing. It has duets with everyone from Johnny Cash to Beck to Chris Jericho.

No comments: