Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Snow Snake
"Grandpa was there ever any dangerous animals around when you were growing up?"
"Of course. You had your tyrannosaurs and brontosaurs . . . "
"Grandpa, dinosaurs went extinct millions of years ago."
"Right. Well, we DID have snow snakes."
"Snow snakes?"
"Yeah. They were hard to see since they were pure white and blended into the snow real well. But you had to keep your eyes out for them because if they bit you you would be paralyzed. Then you would freeze and the snake could munch on you all winter. You would be like a popsicle."
"Eeew! Did you ever see one?"
"All the time! There was one that lived in a snow tunnel outside. It would follow me to school every day, but it knew better than to try and bite me."
"Why?"
"I always had my special anti-snow snake device with me."
"What's an anti-snow snake device?"
"A polar bear."

No comments: