Sunday, May 09, 2004

A few months ago gabrielle and I were watching the trailers to Van Helsing and exploring the official site, and our findings were somewhat . . . grim. It kind of looked like the movie would be really, really terrible. Still, we had to see it because of David Wenham, the vampire connection, and just for the helluvit. And you know what? It was really terrible! But not really, really terrible, and so I was pleasantly suprised and even able to enjoy myself. Richard Roxburgh as Dracula has some pretty great lines and David Wenham is fantastic as a completely non-Faramirish monk friar. Yeah, they went way overboard on the CGI, much of the movie is incoherent nonsense and I will leave it to my esteemed undead colleague to decide whether it is even worth getting into the whole vampire spawn thing, but it was still better than LXG.
Let's just hope they don't call the sequel VH2.

No comments: