Friday, September 05, 2008

Fanart Friday: 70s/80s Marvel


The other day I found a great picture of Rom, Space Knight by Chad Fuller. I loved that old robot! Actually I think he was a guy trapped in a robot body. Whatever happened to him anyways? Probably still out hunting Dire Wraiths in the cold depths of space. So I decided to do a feature on the old comics from my youth that are mostly forgotten today. Like the world's best non-team, the Defenders! Or what about Man-Thing? Don't forget Iron Fist.

(art by Jay Anacleto/tmd2008; Saltares; Lord Mesa)

I think She Hulk has always been around but here's a picture of her anyways, by Zanker. Then there's Spider-Woman (seen here rendered by Jerry Carr), I think she's been revived lately. Longshot hasn't been, but BDPatton tried with this cover he submitted to Marvel. Looks like he married Dazzler and they had a baby.