Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Steve and Megan, my brother- and sister-in-law, sent me an iTunes gift card for my birthday! Yay! And thanks guys. One of the dumb side-effects of losing my wallet and having to change my Visa number is that when I went to use said gift card, and had to register for an iTunes account, my lack of credit card info stymied me. D'oh. Well, I should get my new card when I get home from work next week, so all will be well. That will give me more time to think of songs I should download. Here's a list so far:

Slipknot- Danger Keep Away (Full Length Version)- who knew the final track on The Subliminal Verses was available twice as long?
Slayer- Seasons in the Abyss- As hard as it is for me to admit, I never bought SitA even though it is one of the top five metal albums of all time. Well, I just kept borrowing Rowan's copy.
Cypress Hill- Insane in the Membrane. Because how could you live through the 90s and not love that song?
Sinead O'Connor- Nothing Compares 2U. I also lived through the late 80s/early 90s and though it took a few years to get over the over-play of this song, I think I am ready. Oddly, every YouTube video of this song is muted.
Billy Talent- I remember reading about some bonus rack they made for charity, so I will get that one.
Sheryl Crow- she made a charity track for the American Olympic team. Seemed to work for Michael Phelps!

Now it's your turn- you can suggest me songs to add and I will consider them. Steve's suggestions will get more weight since he is my brother-in-law and he got me the card. Megan's, though she also got me the card and is my sister-in-law, will likely be completely ignored because, well, though we get along in every other way, we just don't see eye to eye musically. She hates Slipknot and I can do without Rascall Flats. The very thought makes me shudder!
Harvey likely has some good suggestions too.
Do you?