Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Some little children tried to beat me up yesterday. I was walking to my bus stop for work when a 4-year old walked up to me and proclaimed "You suck!"
Without even really thinking, I replied, "No, you suck!"
"No you suck!"
"No you do!"
So it went for a while but I had a bus to catch so I kept walking, and then the little guy smacked me as hard as he could on my back. He even took a running start. Then his little buddy came and said, "Let's run him over!" They were on bikes and scooters.
I said, "That's really not a good idea."
But if I think about it, it really wasn't a good idea for me to engage in a debate with a four year old.
Another interesting thing about last night- I accidentally called 911 when I was trying to call my wife. We have to dial 9 to get out and then 1 to reach Edmonton, so it's an easy error to make. But try explaining that to the cops. He took my name and home address and all sorts of stuff. He was getting downright personal. Don't you have any 4-year olds to catch?