Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I didn't hear the whole thing because I was in and out of my car but on Wild Rose they had some little girls on who had apparently found a wounded Golden eagle that had been shot and were nursing it back to health, or at least raising money for a local institute that rehabilitates raptors. Like I say I missed the whole thing so the details are a little unclear. The girls were very well-spoken and I would guess their ages to be around 9 and 7 or 10 and 8 or so. Anyways the host asked the younger girl how much they had raised so far and she said, "About a million dollars."
Then the dad or whoever brought them in said, "Yeah, well, actually they raised $87 from their class and another $1800 from other fundraisers so far."
As far as I'm concerned, that little girl should be our next Finance Minister.