Thursday, June 19, 2003

The Hulk opens tomorrow!! I think I might not see it until Saturday, but that's ok. I love the Hulk. Green is my favorite color, you know. I just watched the DVD of the old school TV show they had back when I was a kid. I have a few fuzzy memories of that show- I loved it, but watching them now I'm surprised kids enjoyed it so much- it's quite slow moving, even adultish- the Hulk only comes out every 15 or 20 minutes or so- an eternity when you're a kid. I heard the Hulk doesn't make an appearance in the new movie until an hour in, but now that I'm all grown up I don't mind. I trust Ang Lee, it'll be a great movie.
Oh yeah and the comics are tha poo too. I should check out some of the new ones and see what's up with the Hulk these days. Which reminds me of a little encounter I had the other day . . .

Homie and the Hulk
Hulk" Homie is a friendly bear who likes to play 'er cool
Fishing in the creek or else swimming in the pool
But as you know he is quite strong and also very tough
If a bad guy comes along and tries some bad guy stuff
One day Homie was having a snooze, resting by a spruce
When a man came and said hello and said his name was Bruce
"Bruce my friend, good to see you, come over to my den!
"We'll eat some fish and berries and then have a debate on zen."
Bruce was tired and hungry, and had just become a Taoist
(Finding much more inner peace then when he was a Maoist)
So he agreed to come along and went where Homie lead
But because the cave door was low, oops! he bumped his head
Homie saw and laughed and said, "Sorry I'm being mean!
"I'm not making fun, it was just so . . . hey you're turning green!"
It was true- Bruce was turning green, and putting on some bulk
Right there in the cave Bruce became the Incredible Hulk!
Homie's guest became a monster as Homie watched in shock
Then he had to duck when the Hulk turned and threw a rock
"Hulk!" said Homie, "Calm down, I do not want to fight you!
"But if you keep attacking me then I will have to bite you."
The Hulk just growled and snarled and with a mighty crash
He punched the walls and stomped the ground and yelled out "HULK SMASH!"
So Homie sighed and rolled his eyes and waited out the tantrum
Wondering how many places the Hulk must have been banned from
Finally the Hulk calmed down and turned back into Banner
Bruce looked around and apologized for his impolite manner
"I'm sorry for what I did but you were very brave!"
And Homie said, "No worries, I always wanted a bigger cave!"

And on a totally unrelated note, looks like Ninjai is finally back online, at least the first two chapters, with the rest to follow and then FINALLY (it's been what, 8 months?) chapters 11-14.

No comments: