Sunday, May 28, 2006

The last time the Oilers went to the Stanley Cup final, as everyone knows by now, was 1989-90. I was in grade 10. I mighta had some playoff peach fuzz, but I don't think it was anything to worry about. I'm a little hairier in this day and age (except for up top, maybe!) so I had a pretty good playoff beard going into last night's game- I shaved once between the Detroit and San Jose series, and only then because of my brother-in-law's wedding. And I shaved today, since the Oilers earned themselves a bit of a rest while the Eastern Conference gets settled. Shaving in between series is allowed. At least my wife seems to think so.
My other playoff superstition is my Oilers socks. I found some great work socks earlier in the season at the Army and Navy with the Oilers logo on them. They were so nice I almost didn't wear them to work, but since that's why I bought them, I overcame my silliness. So on game days I make sure I have a pair of them on.
And I'm pretty sure that's the one and only time I'll talk about my socks on Pooing in the Woods. But it won't be the last time I talk about the Oilers winning the Stanley Cup!
Four more wins!

No comments: