Thursday, May 18, 2006

On the radio yesterday they had an enthusiatic young Oilers fan, maybe 7 or 8, giving a mighty cheer- you could just see his face bunch up, eyes squished tight as he yelled, all the words running together into one: "All you Detroit fans might as well go home now because if you wait till after the game you'll just go home crying to Detroit . . ."
The announcer very gently cuts in, "That's a great cheer! But you know it's a different series now, right? San Jose?"
"Oh sorry."
"Do you want to try again?"
"Yeah." Deep breath. "All you Detroit fans . . . "
Anyways, the San Jose fans went home crying last night too, so what difference does it really make? I was lucky to catch the third period, but I was at work for the first two. I had staticy radio, but I missed Peca's goal when I had to jump down and stem the deluge from a water hose that had jumped free of its tank. And then our crappy poobus radio didn't work, and when I tried to see if I could fix it the bus driver got all mad at me, threatened to slap my fingers and turned it off. Bit of an overreaction. Oh well. The important thing is they won! Yay!
And all you Detroit Anaheim fans might as well go home now because if you wait till after the games you'll just go home crying!

No comments: