Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The stereoscopic lenses included with 10,000 Days come with a dire warning to use them safely, and only for the express purpose of enhancing your enjoyment of the traditional trippy TOOL artwork, lest diabolical things occur. Which brings me waaay back to first year Geology 102 labs, using stereoscopes to study aerial photos. That was pretty trippy too, and it didn't take me long to see the potential for evil that TOOL was undoubtedly warning against- I spent the majority of the three hour lab doing my own extracurricular experiments. Pretty soon the professor popped in for a visit and hovered over my shoulder admiring my work.
"What have you here?" he asked, in his refined, 'I'm-a-millionaire-gold-mine-founding-geologist' voice.
"Oh, well, this is Superman chasing a nuclear missile, and here is a caveman shooting a pterodactyl with his bow and arrow."
He peeked into the scope to see if I had achieved the trick of getting them to appear in stereo- something which had been devilishly hard to do, but through perseverance I had (sort of) managed it.
"Isn't that something?" the professor commented, and then he wandered away.

No comments: