Tuesday, June 27, 2006

DSCF2712

Being a heavy equipment operator, I occasionally wrestle with the temptation to operate the machines in ways they were never designed to be operated. Whether or not I succumb, and in what ways, I will leave to your imagination, more for my own protection than yours.
It seems the engineers at JCB have had similar thoughts, and so they built the world's only drag-racing, wheel-standing backhoe! We saw it at the IHRA races on Friday. Pretty cool. It was my first time ever to the drag races- Michelle goes every year with her Dad, so I joined them this year. Crazy. And really, really, really loud. Very loud.
This was the weekend for Loud, since Michelle joined me for her first-ever arena rock concert- System of a Down. Kickass! Disorder! Sugar! Aerials! But sadly, no banana banana banana banana banana banana banana banana terracotta pie.
(Speaking of kickass, the greatest metal album of all time, Master Of Puppets, is 20 years old this year! Wow. To celebrate, Metallica recently performed the entire album on a tour in Europe!)

No comments: