Monday, June 19, 2006

Third Period- Last Game of the Playoffs, Too
I hereby appoint Stompin' Tom Connors an honorary pirate! What a great day- I have the next 13 days off. The only downside is that my first day back to work is also my and Michelle's first anniversary. D'oh! So the timing is a little wonky, but at least I have today off for the ultimate in hockey. Game 6 was beyond beautiful- it was perfection. Tonight will be more of the same and Oil will once more fill the Stanley Cup.
I always feel a little wonky myself after a stint at the ol' coal mine, so today is all about relaxing, listening to my new CDs* and reading Treasure Island out on the veranda. Oh yeah and hockey!
Anyway, here's a funny bear story Michelle sent me.
*Have you gotten the Angels and Airwaves CD yet? Do yourself a favour, seriously. When I heard blink-182 was on indefinite hiatus (ie breaking up), I was really sad because their last album was amazing, showing a lot of growth and evolution as artists (their self-titled disc, not the greatest hits). But now I suspect it was Tom DeLonge doing the growing since We Don't Need To Whisper is another step in the direction of the last blink disc.
And the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs is great. Karen O kicks yo' ass! They get honorary pirate status too for writing a song called Honeybear.

No comments: