Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Pirate Month: Pirate Hall of Fame
So who be your favorite pirate, matey? Captain Jack Sparrow gets my vote, no surprise there. But there are some other greats out there in pirate lore. How about Captain Hook? I finally saw the movie Hook last night, my interest in all things Peter Pan piqued by the great play Michelle and I went to last week. (Interesting Hook trivia: Band of Brothers' James Madio plays the Lost Boy known as Too Small. He's just wee!) Captain Hook is suitably vile and despicable, worthy of the name pirate.
Then there's the real-life buccaneer, Blackbeard. Arrrr!
Roberto Clemente was truly a great Pirate and humanitarian who died too young.
Oh yeah and then there were the X-Men's space pirate buddies, the Starjammers!
Cap'n Crunch is a pirate too, isn't he?
Did I miss anyone?

No comments: