Saturday, July 03, 2004

I know I like to poost strange little nano-stories and snippets of dialog that have nothing to do with anything (for example). But the following conversation actually took place- gabrielle and rustyangel both were witnesses.

The phone rings. We ignore it the first time, not recognizing the name on callerID. The second time I decide to answer it- could be a coworker looking to trade shifts or something.
"Hello"
"Hello," said a sweet old lady voice. "Have I reached the home of Craig Simpson?"
"No, uh, no . . . you mean . . the former Oiler?"
"Yeah! Are you him?"
"Well, no . . . I'm not an Oiler." I regret not impersonating an Oiler just to see where the conversation might have led. Luckily, she is in the mood to talk, and we converse for a while further.
"Well, I'm just trying to find him. I'm a little worried that all the rain may have flooded his basement."
"Yeah, not even former Oilers are immune to water damage."
"Anyways, you're not him?"
"No, sorry."
"Okay, I'll keep trying. Bye!"
"Bye."


Craig Simpson's career statistics:
_______________ GP__G__A__Pts_PIM
Regular Season__634 247 250 497 659
Playoffs________67__36__32__68__56

No comments: