Thursday, July 29, 2004

Time for Some Introductions
Yesterday I mentioned my coworker Erika. She's really cool. She grew up all over the world and knows all kinds of interesting things. I was asking her about some Chinese stuff for my Plasma Dragon story and when I told her where she could read it, if she was interested, she said, "Oh do you have a blog?" She thus became the first person I had ever met outside the blogosphere that knew what a blog was. (This, from the Dawn of Time, is the more normal reaction.) She knew because she also has one, and it's a good read.
In fact if you go there, you will be introduced to another coworker of mine, the indomitable Cass, who has fired each one of us innumerable times, and is full of spunk and sass. Plus she could kick your ass. You want your coffee in a glass?
Anyways, I have many other great coworkers but these two you can go and meet for yourself.
Oh yeah, and speaking of people named Erika, I have a question for my friend Erica the chemist: Is titanium dioxide poisonous? I'm guessing not, since it is listed as an ingredient in one of the powders we use at work, but I have to admit I am a little concerned about drinking the stuff now.

No comments: