Wednesday, July 07, 2004

On the shores of Lake Kootenay in British Columbia, by a ferry terminal, there is a little ice cream parlour. I was there for a Geology Field School one year. We all took advantage of the opportunity to break the monotony of field food- granola bars and the like, with a taste of real ice cream.
"What kind is that?" I asked the lady behind the counter.
"That's Worms and Bugs ice cream," she said.
"Really? It has worms in it?"
"Well, they're just gummi worms and pieces of cookie dough."
"Oh." I was sad. "Well, I'll have some anyway, please."

I have no reason for sharing this story, I just had a hankering for some ice cream. You know, I never really liked that orange and black ice cream- Tiger Tail or whatever it's called, but it could be because I am a bear. And because I generally don't like licorice flavour at all. Do bears have their own flavour? I don't know, but speaking of tigers, gabrielle wrote a great piece on white tigers. My advice to you is go read it, and maybe have some ice cream. I have to go get ready for work- I think tonight I will design a new kind of drink, and call it a Wormalatte, or maybe a Bugiamo.

No comments: