Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Homie Bear's Year in Review
(In which he gives a brief account of his year, and then humbly offers you his choices for best music, books and movies.)

2005 was a pretty good year for Mr. H Bear, that's for sure. It started off with me still shaking off the effects of traveling all around New Zealand, a country that insists on driving on the wrong side of the road. It took me a surprisingly long time to readjust- especially since the coal mine where I work also uses left-hand drive. Speaking of the coal mine, I got a shovel oiler bid in February, fulfilling my lifelong dream of finally being an oiler. I have yet to score my first goal or meet Raffi Torres or any of those guys, though. But I did learn how to operate this sucker:
DSCF0943
Also in February, I asked the most beautiful woman in the world to marry me, and she said yes! Holy smokes! Here we are the night of our engagement:
Engaged!
And here we are on our wedding day, best day ever, sending you some love:
Friendly wave
On our honeymoon we went to the Maritimes and Newfoundland, and had an amazing time. General Grievous was good enough to join us for part of it.
DSCF1903
We were camping and hiking and kayaking and whale-watching, driving Seamus, eating lobster, all the things you do in that beautiful part of the country. Here is a puffin, also known as a living Quidditch Snitch.
DSCF2121
After that, we did a whole bunch of fun things. And worked a lot. Now we are happy to say that we are eagerly awaiting approval on a mortgage so we can actually buy the beautiful house we put a down payment on a few weeks ago! Happy New Year to you all! The best is yet to come.

No comments: