Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Edward James Olmos follows me on Twitter. He's not hanging on my every word though - he follows pretty much everyone who follows him.  Not that I tweet much anyways, I have a hard enough time blogging every day which so far in October I have been able to do. But in honour of Eddie Adama, we watched one of his classic movies last night- Stand and Deliver. It was kind of fascinating from an anthropological/historical point of view- set in the mid 80s much like part of my own life was. So thinking about this gentleman who was hired to teach computers at a school that had no computers (so he teaches them calculus instead) who in real life goes on to be active on Twitter . . . the world has changed a lot in the past 25 or so years, which is not a brilliant thing to say but it's an easy thing to forget. Of course, you could reach the same conclusion by watching original Battlestar and then the new one.

No comments: