Tuesday, March 04, 2003

And life goes on. No Apoocalypse yesterday. Maybe next year. Anyways, tomorrow is the beginning of Lent. The advent of Lent you might say. But not Advent. That was in December, if I remember. The Gathering as a church follows a litrugical calendar, so we observe Lent corporately, meaning we will not celebrate Communion until Easter. As far as individually observing Lent goes, it's completely up to us. And I haven't decided if I will or not this year. One year I gave up alcohol, another year the Simpsons, but this year I don't know- maybe I should give up blogging?
I like Blu's thoughts on Lent (March 3). I think maybe this year I should add a more better focus on prayer, or reading the Scriptures, or looking for God in other people or something (This is Nathan talking, not the Messianic Cult Leader Who Promotes Violence, by the way). Well, I'll give it some thought, and I'll let you know. Maybe.

No comments: