Wednesday, March 12, 2003

New Beasties! New Ramones Films!!
I can't believe it's been five years since Hello Nasty! And (wow) 16 or 17 years since License to Ill. Anyways, looks like we have to wait one more year for a new full-length CD from the Beastie Boys, but they have put a free mp3 called In A World Gone Mad on their website which addresses the Iraq situation. I'm listening to it as I type. It's good so go get it.
In other news, the Tribeca Film Festival in New York (I learned that Tribeca means Triangle Below Cacapoopoo- actually I forget now what the Ca is short for, but it's a neighbourhood in Manhattan) will feature TWO films about the Ramones, End of the Century: The Ramones Story and Hey! Is Dee Dee Home? Find out more about that here. I alerted Jonny Smelter to this development and he informed me it is very difficult to get tickets to the Tribeca Festival, but he will do his best. As for those of us who do not live in the Big Apple, we will likely have to wait till the arthouses pick them up or they go to DVD. But I think it will be worth the wait. In the meantime you can always rent Rock and Roll High School.

No comments: