Friday, March 14, 2003

GHOSTS!!!
A couple of weeks ago I was walking to my house with Rick and Alex and I happened to look into a house, and I saw a Spectre! It was an old man, all washed-out grey-glowy. Lesser men would have had the poo scared out of them, but not me. In fact, I told Rick and Alex to nonchalantly turn around so we could all see him. But then he was gone, which proves he was a ghost. But tonight I was walking past the same house and I didn't see any phantasms at all- and even worse, a motion-sensitive light came on as I passed. What kind of ghost haunts a house with a motion-sensitive light?
And speaking of the supernaturally weird, I recently discovered a new band, which isn't weird, but wait. KoRn has been plugging Deadsy for a couple of years now but I always ignored them for some reason, until this week when I happened to finally give them a chance. I like them- '80's new wavey synth stuff crossed with heaviness, kind of like Orgy's cover of Blue Monday, or much of Untouchables for that matter. So at supper I was telling my friends about them and this new girl Hannah happened to have a CD with the exact Deadsy track I was talking about (Key to Gramercy Park) on it! So I think Hannah is a ghost. And guess what? After supper I never saw her again. Eery.
Did you ever go and read my sister's tales of duendes? It is a good read about Mexican Zombie Ghost Children.

Speaking of KoRn offshoots and the like, I also ignored Fieldy's side project (Fieldy's Dreams) when it came out, but this week I took a listen, and though I wouldn't recommend the whole album, the track with Jonathan Davis is kickass, it's called Just For Now, and also Ortiz Anthem and Child Vigilante are decent tracks. More hip-hop than KoRn. Fieldy is an okay rapper, though he is a much better bassist.
And Soulfly is coming back to town! Except it seems a little expensive- $26.50 or something for Red's. They sure put on a good show, with a few classic Sepooltura songs (Roots, Chaos AD) and some Brazillian Tribal stuff which was among the very coolest stuff I've ever seen in a long lifetime of concerts- they all came out with these giant drums playing a cool beat in unison, and then Max had this bow and arrow thing that was an instrument. I saw them in September opening for Slayer. Hmm. I almost think it is worth it to see them again. Max is one of my musical heroes.

No comments: