Thursday, February 20, 2003

Frustration
I tried getting set up at Oilers Poondits again this morning, but once again I was Foiled! I'm not sure what the cause of the trouble is, so I am now waiting on Blogger Support to answer my query. And I have so much Oilers wisdom to impart, too! Like tonight, they'll be playing the Red Wings, always a good time. The Oil have had some success against the Defending Champs this season, going 2-0-1 so far. Both Detroit and Edmonton have been slipping in the standings as of late, so it should be a great game settled by the team who wants it most.
Former Oilers Goalie Curtis Joseph now plays for the Wings, but I remember a game from several years ago when Cujo stopped something like 51 shots against Detroit for the first 0-0 tie in Oilers history. With Cujo's and Salo's GAA roughly equal, a modest 2.65 vs 2.62 respectively, tonight's match will likely not be the same type of goaltending duel as that, but it will be a good fast-paced game that Edmonton HAS to win. My prediction: Oilers 8, Detroit Poo.

No comments: