Sunday, February 09, 2003

Wow are the roads bad today. Pure sludge everywhere- my poor little Civic is too low-slung for this kind of snow, which the Inuit, with their 87 words for snow, call PooSnow. And of course today would be a day when I have to do a lot of driving. Oh well. The Gathering went well- we had a really good guest band called Liquesce, just some kids but they were very cool- kind of mellow-with-a-slight-edge, even poossibly somewhat reminiscent of Beach Boys, but I mean that in a good way- they definitely had no bad songs about Kokomo or something stupid like that. Speaking turned out okay too- I resisted the urge to say Poo at any point in my part, though I was gratified when Poo was mentioned during Liquesce's set.
I went over to Cory and Lauren's after to watch Klondike Quest for Gold. We missed the first fifteen minutes, but it was cool, a lot of good shots of the Chilkoot Pass itself- the Golden Staircase.

No comments: