Wednesday, October 01, 2003

As I am working on organizing my life, and downsizing my possessions, I am going through all my stuff and throwing things out. And finding quite a few little uncut gems from my youth, such as this project from grade 7, a home-made book, which I here present in its original form (minus the drawings I made) complete with grammatical errors. It would only be more perfect if it were about bears:

The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig

[Starts with a dedication page]
This book is for all my faithful readers

Once upon a time, there was three little wolves who would only eat young, old or sick animals, like all wolves.

There was also a big bad pig named Big Bad Pig, who hated the wolves for no reason whatsoever. He wanted to get the wolves. We see him hiding behind a boulder, thinking how to get the wolves.

One day, Littlest Wolf went out for a hunt. But Big Bad Pig was waiting for him. He jumped out of the bushes and said, "I've caught you, Littlest wolf. Now I will make you pay for killing the animals!" Littlest Wolf said, "I only kill what I eat." But Big Bad Pig took Littlest Wolf, and threw him into a dungeon.

Bigger Than Littlest Wolf went out for a hunt. He caught a sick old moose. Bigger Than Littlest Wolf was soon full. Big Bad Pig jumped out of the bushes and said "I have caught you, Bigger Than Littlest Wolf. Now I will make you pay for killing the animals."
Bigger Than Littlest Wolf said "I only kill what I eat." But Big Bad Pig took Bigger Than Littlest Wolf and put him in a dungeon.

Biggest Wolf went out for a hunt. Soon he had caught an old elk. Big Bad Pig jumped out and said "I've caught you Biggest Wolf. Now I will make you pay for killing the animals." Biggest Wolf said "I only kill what I eat." Big Bad Pig tried to grab Biggest Wolf, but Biggest Wolf dodged and then ate Big Bad Pig.

Biggest Wolf found the dungeon and freed Littlest Wolf and Bigger Than Littlest Wolf. The wolf pack lived happily ever after.

No comments: