Sunday, October 19, 2003

I really like October, you know. Each month has its own appeal, but October has a special place for me in the solar zodiac. The weather is still mostly pleasant, it gets darker earlier but there is still a decent amount of sunshine, and of course the leaves change, ever so fleetingly, to that amazing palette of flame colours.
October also has memories, and to me, very few things are worth more than memory. October reminds me of Newfoundland and police cruisers and hallowe'en. But not all the memories are happy, though they are necessary. On October 18, 1994, a young girl who was my sister's very best friend in the world passed away. She had cancer. She fought bravely, but the cancer took her. She was 18. I still remember, Dine, and I think about her still, and I know you do too.

No comments: