Wednesday, October 15, 2003

The last poost was a little cryptic, I admit- and oh yeah before I forget I have to say the weirdest thing about Cryptonomicon (which I still can't say right): remember how I wrote the fake version featuring a cassowary? Turns out there IS a cassowary in the book, albeit for only one paragraph, and the word "cassowary" isn't actually used, but since there is only one kind of bird capable of eviscerating a Japanese lieutenant in New Guinea, I think it's safe to assume that it was indeed a cassowary.
Uh, what was I going to talk about? Oh yeah. About my last poost. See, I went to Ikea to get some stuff for the apartment- another lamp and another bookshelf. Room-mate told me it would never fit in Little Green Jellybean, so I thought I would borrow my Dad's truck. But it turns out my ever generous father has already lent his truck to someone else, so I had no choice but to use my beloved car. I thought to myself, I can make it work.
When I got there and actually saw how long the box was (and wide- I accidentally bought one size too wide) I have to admit I had a moment of doubt. But I plunged ahead anyways, and made it work, dammit! The shelf unit was hanging a good ways out of my trunk, but we made it home. Almost didn't make it up the stairs with the stupid thing, but that is neither here nor there. Nor poo.
And now it is all set up in our apartment and it looks pretty great. I can definitely hibernate here for the winter.

No comments: