Saturday, October 25, 2003

I had a dream last night that involved being in Newfoundland, where my friend Trevor crashed his Datsun (which he doesn't own in real life) into a wall, and also involved me getting a Class 1 licence to be a truck driver. The company I was applying to work at supplied trucks to its drivers, and one of the drivers who was working there already was mad at them so he parked his truck ten blocks away, in a handicapped parking spot, so that the next driver coming on shift would have to walk all that way and pay a hefty parking ticket. He was pretty proud of himself.
The test I had to write was very hard, involving things like knowing when to bleed hydraulic pressure from the lines so that you don't blow up. Which I am pretty sure is not a problem truckers face in real life.

No comments: