Friday, April 25, 2003

My good friend Steve is in town for a few days. He's getting married on May 10th. He came over last night to play some pooker, and I confronted him:
"You didn't invite me to your wedding!"
"Yes I did, and you RSVP'ed already."
"What? No I didn't, I would remember something like that."
"Yeah you emailed Cheryl and told her you were coming, you were the first one to RSVP!"
"But I don't even know Cheryl!"
"Don't you remember? I came over and gave you the invitation myself."
"I don't even have an invitation from you, so that's impossible."
Anyways, Steve was eventually able to convince me that I had indeed been invited and had confirmed my attendance- his case seemed pretty airtight when I found the invitation on my somewhat cluttered desk. I guess I sorta remember now. I feel bad for calling Steve all those names now.
But this puts me in a bit of a jam, as I also RSVP'ed to my good friend Coralee's wedding, which is on the same day. I think I can manage both, since they are at slightly offset times, but the receptions will be tricky, one starts at 5 and the other at 6.
I had a room-mate for two years, and we even went to Tibet, and he never invited me to his wedding. Or maybe he did and I just forgot.

No comments: