Monday, April 07, 2003

Party Hard!!! Moderately!
In the pre-game warmup to the Oilers season finale against Calgary the other night, Andrew W.K.'s Party Hard was booming through the sound system, and apparently the Flames got pumped up cause they kicked the Oilers' asses. And the Oilers didn't seem to be in the mood to party very hard at all- but that's OK because they knew that on Wednesday the real party would begin, right? So until then, Homie Bear suggests, in the words of Pink and KoRn, Let's Calmly Get This Party Started!
Oh yeah, and the Oilers handed out their team awards that night too, and Todd Marchant was given the Zane Feldman Trophy for MVP of the Oilers, and Tommy Salo was the co-winner. (Sadly, Zane Feldman, an original owner of the Oilers way back, actually passed away that night -RIP) You might remember a few months ago I implored GM Kevin Lowe to not trade Toddy away, and he obviously read it and changed his mind. As promised, I hereby dub him Sir Lowe, Super Pooper Extraordinaire. Unless I already did- I sorta remember doing it already but I am sick and feverish at the moment so it could just be the Delirium Tremens getting to me.

No comments: